We at Save Money Movers would like to wish you and yours a happy thanksgiving. We are going to share a little story about our gratitude at this special time of year.
My uncle Henry has always been a charismatic man with jokes and kind words for everyone. He retired after 40 years working as a foreman at a concrete company. During those years, he consistently provided for family members that were less fortunate, even taking in and raising 2 kids whose biological parents were unable to provide for them. I was one of those kids.
So, I was greatly distressed upon hearing that "uncle shorty" was sick. The thought seemed unreal, he always seemed larger than life, immune to lifes storms and ailments. With great trepidation, I asked questions, hoping for the best, yet prepared for the worst. The news was indeed bad, terminal stomach cancer.
I quickly packed my things, jumped in my vehicle and made the 500 mile drive north to go see "uncle shorty".Depressed and worried sick, I was prepared for a sad, grim occasion, yet when I opened the door Uncle shorty sat in his favorite chair smiling "hey slick".
He did'nt look the greatest but that kind spirit had'nt changed a bit. We laughed and joked and are still laughing and joking over the antics of my 1 year old grandson.
This experience has brought home to me how important it is to not get so busy in my material pursuits that I don't have time for those I love. From my family to yours Happy Thanksgiving!
